Professional local or international artists can apply for a short self-arranged residency at BPW for a period of 2-4 weeks. BPW will accept 2-3 proposals per year.
Our Studio Technician will provide assistance Monday to Thursday from 10am to 5pm. The visiting artist will also receive a small stipend of £150 for the purchase of materials through the studio. In exchange the visiting artist must agree to do an artist talk, demo or workshop. Visiting artists are also asked to donate one print, created during their residency, to the BPW archive. Travel and accommodation is the responsibility of the artist.
To apply, please send the following information by email to the Studio Technician at [email protected]. Your residency proposal should include the following information:
- A proposal for your visit to BPW (maximum 300 words)
- Minimum of six samples of your most recent work, in the form of digital images, which demonstrate your technical ability and creative aptitude.
- Two professional references must also be included along with a current CV and artists statement.
Applications should be sent for the consideration of the BPW Board who meet every two months.
Applicants must be capable of demonstrating excellent knowledge of a minimum of one print process. A third level qualification in fine art printmaking is preferable, but other qualifications and experience are also considered.
- Please leave a minimum of eight weeks for your application to be processed and to receive notification.
- Successful applicants must accept the offer in writing.
- All supporting documentation must be correctly labelled.
- Be selective with material submitted and make your application clear and concise.
- You may include additional information with your application if necessary.
If you require more information before making an application contact workshop staff: [email protected], [email protected] or call 02890 231 323