This role is part of a 3 person team BPW are appointing to work together to fulfil the needs of the members, participants and studio in achieving the goals of the annual BPW programme. The position requires exceptionally high skills in communication.
BPW was established in 1977 to welcome artists interested in the practice and promotion of the art of printmaking. We are focused on our membership and their ability to develop their individual printmaking practices. We offer and coordinate an annual programme of courses, studio demos, artist residencies, exhibitions, skill development workshops and national and international printmaking opportunities. We are currently tendering contracts to meet the needs of the studio. An enjoyment of working in a close team as well as being an independent worker, is of particular importance in this position.
Studio / Arts Administrator: Reporting to the Board of Trustees.
Part-time *Freelance 17 hours per week £13/hour.
This role is on a contract basis for 1 year.
*Applicants are understood to be registered self-employed.
Do you have a minimum five years experience in administration or management of an arts organisation?
Can you demonstrate experience of and excellence in budgetary control, identification of grant and funding opportunities, funding application and evaluation/acquittal experience?
Can you demonstrate a full independent working knowledge of Xero accounting systems with a proven track record in daily bookkeeping practices?
Can you demonstrate excellence in managing Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and exceptional organisational skills?
Can you provide a five year track record in reporting to a board at a managerial level?
This role is part of a 3 person team BPW are appointing to work together to fulfil the needs of the members, participants and studio in achieving the goals of the annual BPW programme. The position requires exceptionally high skills in communication. The 3 person team will rely on each other very closely to identify, administrate and realise opportunities for the membership directly, and that of the wider BPW printmaking participants and audiences. An enjoyment of working in a close team as well as being an independent worker is of particular importance in this position.
Responsibilities will include:
Project Management – Work with the curator and technician to apply on their behalf for funds, grants and all income generating opportunities in the development of programmes, events and taught workshops.
• Budget Management – Reconcile daily, monthly and annual financial transactions. Manage programme budgets, allocate funds and pay and create invoices as required.
• Manage Members Register – Develop, update and coordinate the register of members. Structure and manage membership fees.
• Membership Earning Management – coordinate all tutoring receipts and payments, and print sales and payments. Keep members up to date with accrued sales totals and payment timelines.
• Fundraising – Apply for annual grants and awards, complete applications, develop programming and studio timetables with curator, technician and board of trustees via twice annual internal business planning workshops.
• Evaluation & Acquittal Coordination – Provide the board with all documentation required and assist them in completion of evaluations as required by each awarding body.
• General Administration – Deal with daily queries and pass on to technician, curator or board as required. Keep the studio office in order with exceptional organisational management, review the existing systems and develop efficient share file systems and open communication network between the board and the office.
Contract Term: (*Expected) July 2020- July 2021
Contract Advertised: June23rd – June 30thth 2020
Interview Period: July 1st-July 3rd 2020
Appointments: July 2020
*Due to Covid-19 a start date has not been allocated. It is envisaged the studio will reopen some time in Summer 2020 – this position will commence two weeks prior to reopening, dates to be confirmed.
Please forward recent C.V. including 2 referees, and a cover letter of 500 words highlighting your suitability for this contract to [email protected].